Wednesday 9 September 2009

Autumn Leaves… While autumn begins.

There has never been a time when I have thought of autumn as my favorite season. Don’t get me wrong I like it the way I like most seasons for there various benefits. Though I have never been as fond of spring for some reason, but have always loved winter, and summer has its plus points. But this autumn is to be like no other for myself, for a start it will be my last autumn unmarried and secondly it will be my first knowing an actual beer I designed is out in the pub world being enjoyed by anyone who wants a try.


I mentioned in my last post about the beer about it going to London. Well I was wrong, its not just going to London, its going all over the UK via pub companies, there could be a cask in your nearest town centre, there could be a cask at your local, or a mates local, there could even be a cask behind you right now… go ahead look… I dare you….. Look again!! Had you going!


The beer has a definite autumnal character, leafy hop and aged fruit with a nice rounded mouth feel. Strangely enough when I designed this beer I didn’t specifically intend on designing a seasonal beer, and to be honest I never thought the design would be used, and if it was it would for a one off brew, which makes me even more chuffed. It was just the other day another load of my babies left on their journey to the customer, we waved goodbye, a moving moment indeed.

3 comments:

Whorst said...

I can't wait for autumn. It's still pretty damn hot here, which is good for my chili's and newly planted Bermuda lawn.

I'm brewing with the Warrior hop tomorrow. Another high alpha hop, similar to Columbus. I also managed to get some Hugh Baird Maris Otter. This is going to be interesting, because I'm finally going to try Safbrew S-33, which is supposedly something along the lines of the old EDME strain. Full report coming from the chronicles of APRK.

Unknown said...

I like autumn, it's colours and during the last three years, slightly better weather.

ChrisM said...

Hi Rob - had a pint of this in the Bridge in Newcastle this evening, very nice too!